In this role, it’s all about using the tools that the Cloud provides to design and build functional, robust and maintainable services. You’ll be the connecting link between Backend Engineering, Cloud Architecture and DevOps, make use of cloud-native technologies, tame complex data, processes and workflows. All the work we do is about helping and guiding our clients, so having a true consultant mindset and interest in supporting sales with Cloud topics is what we value dearly.
What you will do:
- Develop and improve cloud-native applications in an agile development environment.
- Collaborate on the design of the software architecture.
- Estimate and implement customer requirements.
- Collaborate on the development of technical concepts in the proposal process
- Design and execute component, system and integration tests.
- Transfer knowledge across projects and coach our junior colleagues.
What we expect:
- 4+ years of professional experience with cloud stacks (AWS/Azure/GCP) and familiarity with core concepts like serverless workloads, CI/CD and infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, Cloud Formation)
- Knowledge of how to build APIs, considering resilience and security aspects, as well as API consumer needs.
- A DevOps mindset and practical experience with monitoring/alerting stacks
- Understanding the benefits and tradeoffs of different architecture paradigms (e.g. microservices and event-driven infrastructures) and technology choices
- Proficient English skills
What we offer
Remote or VI office
You decide if you want to work from home, the VI office or a mix of both.
VI location hopping
Work one week per year from any other VI office of your choice – Freiburg, Munich, Porto or Vienna. Paid by VI. No project reason needed.
Take part in our wide range of cross location VI Academy trainings to evolve and grow aside from our daily business and connect with others.
Flexible working hours
Use our flexible working hours.
With EU passport, you can work up to 3 months per year remote from any EU country of your choice.
Take one workday per year for a charity work of your choice to help others.
Book up to 8 weeks of 1:1 coaching with our personal coaches.
You and your team members each get 200 € per year for team activities.
Unpaid vacation days
Additionally to your vacation days, you can take up to 10 unpaid days.
Apply for our annual 1-year leadership program, focusing on personal development and improving leadership skills.
We support you with the lease of your JobRad bicycle.